Blue Chip Warranty Details
Blue Chip Guarantee
- 2 Years guarantee on Sails and Masts
- 1 Year guarantee on accessories and boards
- 30 days limited warranty on SUP paddles and Leashes
- Scooters and Skateboards
The small print
Blue Chip Windsurfing Limited have the following service divisions with logical trading names which are:
- Blue Chip Board Store
- Blue Chip Windsurfing Store
- Blue Chip Surf Store
- Blue Chip SUP Store
- Blue Chip Board Repair Store
- Blue Chip Sail Repair Store
- Blue Chip SUP Hire Store
- Gun Sails UK
All the above are trading names of Blue Chip Windsurfing Limited
- All specifications given are
approximate and it is the customers responsibility to assure
themselves that the services / products that they may wish
to purchase are suitable for the purpose for which they
intend to use them. Due to the nature of the products and
services contained within this site, Blue Chip Windsurfing
and Gun Sails UK along with all the manufacturers and
suppliers referred to in this site reserve the right to
improve and / or alter specifications without prior notice.
All products and services are offered subject to stock and
supply. Prices are fluid and correct at the time of
publication and may fluctuate due to currency rate movements
and other factors. The final price will be as stated on our
order confirmation / invoice. We may exchange certain goods
for other more suitable goods subject to
them being unused,
unmarked, undamaged and returned in their original packaging
at the customers expense within 7 days of receipt,
click here for more details regarding return of goods.
Errors and omissions excluded.
- Delivery service:
Blue Chip Windsurfing will endeavour to the best of our ability to ensure that delivery schedules are adhered to by our appointed carriers. However we cannot guaranty that our appointed carriers can and will deliver within the requested schedule. Blue Chip Windsurfing and Gun Sails UK do not accept any responsibility whatsoever on any account for any damage or consequential damage or loss suffered from late deliveries howsoever caused.
Important Warranty Information
- General Warranty Terms:
All sports and water sports equipment sold by Blue Chip Windsurfing and Gun Sails UK is unless otherwise stated at the time of purchase, warranted against material and manufacturing defects for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase. Damage to booms caused through harness line over-strain from catapults or misuses is not covered under warranty. All Gun Sails masts and sails sold by Blue Chip Windsurfing and Gun Sails UK are unless otherwise stated at the time of purchase, are warranted against material and manufacturing defects for a period of 24 months from the date of purchase.
- Scooters and
Scooters and Skateboards: Due to the nature of the sport, all Scooters and Skateboards supplied by Blue Chip have a limited warranted for a period of 14 days from the date of purchase/supply and only cover "Faulty Materials and or Manufacturing defects" for "Normal Use"; not damage or breakage due to over stressing, improper use, over use, lack of reasonable maintenance or being used with other unmatched equipment. This means :- "Suitable for use in controlled and normal conditions." Accidental and or impact damage, abuse and natural wear and tear are not covered by the above company warranty.
- Stand Up
Boards: Due to the nature of the sport, all SUP boards supplied by Blue Chip have a limited warranted for a period of 365 days from the date of purchase/supply and only cover "Faulty Materials and or Manufacturing defects" for "Normal Use"; not damage or breakage due to over stressing, improper use, over use, lack of reasonable maintenance or being used with other unmatched equipment. This means :- "Suitable for use in controlled and normal conditions." Accidental and or impact damage, abuse and natural wear and tear are not covered by the above company warranty. See important Sun, Heat and Ultraviolet exposure: paragraph 6 below
Due to the nature of the sport, all SUP paddles and
leashes supplied by Blue Chip have a limited warranted for a
period of 30 days from the date of purchase/supply and only
cover "Faulty Materials and or Manufacturing defects"
for "Normal Use"; not damage or breakage due to over
stressing, improper use, over use, lack of reasonable
maintenance or being used with other unmatched
equipment. This means :- "Suitable for use in controlled
and normal conditions." Accidental and or impact damage,
abuse and natural wear and tear are not covered by the
above company warranty.
Leashes: Due to the the nature of the product, Leash warranty is strictly limited to manufacturing faults and material failures only. Leashes are not warranted against failures due to over stressing. It is the customers responsibility to choose the correct leash for the purposes and circumstances for which they intend to use it. Leash warranty does not include consequential and or collateral damage. See section "e" & "f" for equipment / accidental damage insurance advice.
- NOTE: Most material and manufacturing defects on SUP paddles will be found in the first one or two times the paddle is used, breakages after this are usually associated with over stressing issues. We strongly advise Third Party and Accidental Damage Insurance for yourself and your equipment, details of some specialist insurance companies can be found on your invoice and on our news page on this web site.
- All suspected warranty claims for paddles and or leashes: Warranty claims involving paddles and or leashes must have the relevant item returned to Blue Chip for inspection. If a warranty claim results in either replacement or repair of a paddle, Blue Chip will replace the paddle to a UK mainland address. If the paddle or leash has been taken aboard, it is the customers responsibility to cover the cost of sending the replacement item back to the overseas address if so required.
- Sun, Heat and Ultraviolet exposure: Board warranty does not include the effects of exposures to the Sun, heat or ultraviolet, Boards should be protected from over exposure to these elements, Board can over heat and blister when left in the sun for long periods, even in reflective board bags. always store your boards out of the Sun and any heat sauce. Starboard SUP Warranty Claim Form (part a) (part b)
- Products supplied free
of charge: Items supplied "free of charge" are
supplied in good faith. However, If the "free of charge"
items are supplied as part of an incentive package they
are supplied "completely free of charge"
and therefore are not subject to the same warranty or
guaranty cover that applies when you have purchased an
item from us. Nevertheless all items supplied "free of
charge" are to our normal high product standard and
should you have any material or manufacturing defect issues with these "free of
charge" items we may at our discretion offer you a
similar service to our standard warranty / guaranty service but
this will be entirely at our discretion.
- General Warranty Terms:
- HOWEVER, the character of our sport (windsurfing and / or stand up paddle boarding) it often tempts us to sail and paddle in conditions which are beyond the limits of our own ability and control, these conditions can rapidly become somewhat overpowering and completely out of control. Furthermore, what appears to be just a simple fall, can put excessive pressure on individual parts of equipment and cause those items to suffer unreasonable stress for which they were neither supplied or designed to contend with. At this point, stress damage may occurred and not be visible or obvious. Nevertheless, the equipment may well have been unreasonably stressed beyond its limits and design brief and damage might have occurred within the structure of the item. This may lead to future equipment failure in ostensibly reasonable conditions!
- OVER USE: in certain circumstances, it is possible to considerably shorten the life of your windsurfing equipment buy excessive and or repetitive use and in doing so compress the reasonably expected lifetime of your equipment into a much shorter time period and if this is combined with a lack of a reasonably expected basic maintenance, this could sometimes occur within the warranty period. In these rare cases, your equipment may well have fulfilled its designed time line and the warranty cover for "normal use" would not apply.
- Insure your equipment: If you do choose to sail in either overpowering conditions or give your equipment excessive and or repetitive use, we strongly recommend that you take out appropriate insurance cover as equipment warranties only cover for "Faulty Materials and or Manufacturing defects" for "Normal Use"; not damage or breakage due to over stressing, improper use, over use, lack of reasonable maintenance or being used with other unmatched equipment.
- Due to the nature of the sports involved, Blue Chip Windsurfing and Gun Sails UK cannot and does not imply or guarantee that such equipment cannot be broken in usage. Nevertheless, Blue Chip Windsurfing and Gun Sails UK will honour all warranties against faulty materials and manufacturing defects. It is the customers sole responsibility to decide if the equipment that he or she is choosing to purchase, is suitable for his or her style of sailing and sailing venue or to make clear the conditions and venues in which said equipment is intended to be used.
- Although some customers may claim that they prefer sailing in just these overpowering conditions, this is their own personal choice to do so and they must accept any consequential damage that often occurs as part of the risk of windsurfing in these conditions. If you do prefer sailing in overpowering conditions, we strongly advise Third Party and Accidental Damage Insurance to cover yourself and your equipment, details of some specialist insurance companies can be found on your invoice and on our news page on this web site.
- All Bags are warranted against material and manufacturing defects for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase. However due to the nature of the product and its usage in close proximity to salt water (corrosive to metal zip runners), Zips have a limited warranty of 3 months. If your bag is going to be un-used or stored for a period, we recommend that all zips with metal zip runners are flusher out and cleaned with fresh water dried and lubricated with a silicone based lubricant to avoid potential corrosion type of problems. We recommend you periodically use this service regime to enhance the longevity of your zips. Click here for full zip care and zip recovery information. Why through away a bag when you can repair the zip for less than a fiver..? Warranty on bags does not include degradation due to sun and ultraviolet exposure.
- Return of equipment for suspected warranty service: All warranty claims and queries must be accompanied by a dated valid proof of purchase. No warranty claim will be entertained unless accompanied by a dated valid proof of purchase. It is the customers responsibility to return any and all equipment to Blue Chip Windsurfing for inspection. If the item is deemed to fall within our warranty terms, return carriage costs (UK mainland only) for the item will be borne by Blue Chip Windsurfing. If any repair work is carried out to the equipment or alteration to the manufacturers specification is carried out without the verifiable consent from Blue Chip Windsurfing or the manufacturer all warranty claims will be void. Blue Chip Windsurfing is the Warranty Inspection Centre for Gun Sails UK and most manufacturers and import agents. If the customer is unsatisfied with the warranty decision made by Blue Chip Windsurfing, The item can be returned to an approved assessor for their decision which will be final. In this case it is the customers responsibility to pay for any assessor and or carriage charges involved to achieve this decision. These warranty conditions may be altered from time to time without notice.
- All advice/instructions given by Blue Chip or its representatives either written or verbally are given in good faith. However, Blue Chip accepts no responsibility whatsoever on any account for any consequential or other damage caused through the application and or removal of any product supplied by Blue Chip including but not limited to Blade Runner, Rail Runner and any repair materials.
All repairs will, unless otherwise stated, carry a 6-month warranty, for workmanship and materials. repair will be checked by our quality control assessment for uniformity, flexibility and joint sheer strength. However we draw your attention to the footnotes below.
Our board and sail repairs are effectively stronger than the surrounding original material.
However, we cannot guaranty against:
> Degradation of the manufactures materials or production processes.
> A similar incident to that which damage the original material in the first place will not bring about similar
damage to our repair or to the original material situated adjacent to our repair.